An electronic arithmetic teacher!
A brain draining, mind bending, mental gymnastic challenge!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press
the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
(one or more players)
- Press 1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard for conventional math problems.
- The computer will ask if you want to add, subtract, multiply or
- Press the appropriate symbol on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- The computer will then ask you to select a skill level from 1
to 3. The higher the number, the harder the problem.
- Press the skill level desired on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- The first problem will appear on the screen. If the problem is
displayed on a horizontal format, enter the solution from left
A. 7 + 8 = ?
A. 7 + 8 = 1
A. 7 + 8 = 15
If the problem is displayed in vertical form, enter the solution
from right to left. You will be guided by a flashing question
- Press the ENTER key. The computer will tell you if you've answered
correctly. A right answer will automatically present you with
another problem to solve. A wrong answer will give you one more
try. (You can change your answer before pressing ENTER by pressing
the CLEAR key.)
- If you give two incorrect answers to the same problem, the computer
will tell you the correct answer and allow all the time you need
to study the solution. You must press the ENTER key to display
the next problem.
- A digital clock at the upper left of the screen will keep track
of your time.
- A digital scoreboard will keep track of your correct answers.
If more than one person is playing, the winner is the player solving
ten problems in the least amount of time. The computer sings out
a jingle for every 10 correct solutions given.
- To solve algebraic problems, push RESET and press 2 on the alpha-numeric
- To practice addition and multiplication tables, push RESET and
press 3 on the alpha-numeric keyboard. The computer will ask you
if you wish to practice addition or multiplication. Press + or
x on the alpha-numeric keyboard. The computer will then ask for
the number you wish to practice. Press that number on the keyboard.
(One or more players)
- Press the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard. SELECT GAME
will appear on the screen.
- Press 4 on the alpha-numeric keyboard. Four numbers will appear
on the lower part of the screen. A message from the computer will
ask you to WAIT.
- It is the computer's turn first. It will light up one of the numbers
on the screen and sound a tone.
- The computer will then signal it is YOUR TURN on the screen.
- Light up the same number displayed by the computer by pressing
the corresponding number on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- The computer will then light up two numbers in succession during
the next WAIT cycle.
- When it's YOUR TURN, enter the same numbers into the keyboard
in the same sequence.
- The computer will add one number to its challenge every time you
successfully ECHO its challenge.
- If you make an error, the computer will repeat the challenge.
It will even give you a third chance to succeed. But after the
third error, the computer will declare GAME OVER on the screen.
- A digital read-out on the screen keeps track of your score. If
more than one player is challenging the computer, the player with
the highest score per round is the winner.
- To play again, press RESET and then press 4 on the alpha-numeric