It's all here - even an electronic umpire!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press
the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- Press 1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- The scoreboard flanks either side of home plate.
(lower left numbers indicate Balls, Strikes, and Outs - in that
The digital readout scoring indicators are color coded to the
- The player using the right hand control is always first at bat.
The player using the left hand control is always first in the
field. Players should trade hand controls to alternate being first
at bat in series games.
- THE OUTFIELD is positioned by manipulating the joy stick on the
hand control activating the fielders.
- THE PITCH is thrown by pressing the action button on the FIELDER
hand control. Inside and outside curves may be thrown by maneuvering
the joy stick. The OUTFIELD will not be affected by the joy stick
during the pitch. If the batter does not hit the ball, the catcher
will automatically throw it back to the pitcher. The computerized
umpire calls balls and strikes. Four ball and it's a walk to first
base. Three strikes and you're out!
- THE BATTER is controlled by the action button on the BATTER hand
control. A ball hit early will go to left field. A ball hit late
will go to right field. The distance a hit travels will always
- A ball hit out of the park (white line at top of screen) is a
home run. The batter will automatically run the bases.
- A ball caught on the fly is an automatic out and the ball is returned
automatically to the pitcher.
- If the fielders do no catch the ball on the fly, the joy stick
on the FIELDER hand control is used to get one of the outfielders
to the ball. The throw is made by positioning the joy stick to
the base desired and pressing the action button.
- A hit not caught on the fly will automatically send the batter
running to first base. He can go for extra bases by pushing the
joy stick in any direction on the BATTER hand control. Note: Base
runners cannot reverse their direction. The computerized umpire
makes all the calls.
- SACRIFICE FLY. A man on base can try for extra bases after a fly
ball is caught by pushing the BATTER joy stick.
- Players can go for extra bases any time before the ball is returned
to the pitcher.
The ball is returned to the pitcher only after both hand controls
are inactive for two seconds.
- After three outs, the batting team and fielding team will automatically
- The team with the highest score after nine innings wins. The game
will go into extra innings in case of ties!
- The end of the game is signaled by F (Final score) replacing the
inning indicator on the scoreboard.
- To play again, press the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard
and then press 1.