WAR OF NERVES!
A fast-moving electronic strategy game! You command
an army of robots armed with stun guns!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press
the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
WAR OF NERVES!
(1 or 2 players)
- Press 1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- Welcome to the war. The opposing robot armies are programmed by
the computer to attack on sight.
- The left hand control commands the Army of Northwestonia which
comes into battle from the upper left hand corner of the TV screen.
The right hand control commands the Army of Southeasternia invading
from the lower right hand corner of the screen.
- The objective of each army is to capture the enemy general. If
a general is touched by an enemy robot, he will immediately surrender.
One general cannot capture another general.
- The generals are controlled by the joy sticks on the hand controls.
Push forward to go up. Pull backward to go downscreen. Push left
to go left. Push right to go right.
- The robots have been programmed by the computer to automatically
attack the enemy general. They have been armed with stun guns
that they will fire at will to put enemy robots out of action.
A general can repair his stunned robots by touching them.
- The robots cannot move through the trees or through another robot.
They must go around and find another way to get to the enemy general.
- A general's role is to lead his army to the enemy general as quickly
as possible. Push the action button. The robots will come to your
general and follow him through the forested maze of the electronic
- The generals are smart enough to find a way through the trees
some of the time. But a general in contact with a tree or moving
through a forest will move at only half his normal speed.
- As robots are stunned, the speed of the remaining robots in the
same army will increase. The army will move at its slowest rate
when all four robots are in action. If three robots are stunned,
the remaining robot will be moving at top speed.
- The war is over after one army wins tens battles. The score is
automatically shown by the boxes on the screen. The box at the
upper left displays the score of the Northwestern Army. The box
at the lower right shows the score of the Southeastern Army.
- The first general to win ten battles gets promoted and a new war
- The position of the trees will changes automatically after each
- One player version: Use either hand control to lead your robots
to the enemy general. But be careful! The enemy robots are programmed
by the computer to come after you!