An electronic simulation
so real you can even spike a shot!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press
the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
(One or two players)
- Press 1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- A full size 59 foot volleyball court appears on your screen along
with two regulation six player teams.
- A digital scoreboard is at the lower part of the screen.
- You can play against another person or the computer. Tell the
computer how many people are in the game by moving the joy stick
of the hand controls in any direction. If the computer does not
receive a signal from one of the hand controls, it will change
the color of the players on that side of the court and take over
the team. If neither of the hand controls is activated, the computer
will change the colors of both teams and play itself.
- Any member of the team can pass the ball to another team member
or hit the ball over the net. The ball will travel in the same
direction as the player when contact is made. If the player is
not in motion on contact, the shot is missed. Use the joy stick
to move your team. The team will move in the same direction as
the joy stick.
- To spike a shot, press the action button as you hit the ball.
This will increase the speed of the ball as it sharpens the angle
- To serve, move the joy stick. The ball will travel at its slowest
speed on the serve. The speed of the ball will then increase each
time it is hit in succession. The ball will achieve full velocity
after it has been hit seven times.
- The computer will adjust its playing level to match the skill
of a person playing against it.
- The first team to score ten points wins the game. You only score
points when you have served the ball. A points is scored when
the ball hits the bottom line of your opponent's court. If this
happens when you are not serving, you win the serve and an opportunity
- To play again, press the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard
and then press 1.