TYPE & TELL
It talks what you type!
Plays great games!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the Voice of the Odyssey2 with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
A matrix will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press
the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
TYPE & TELL!
- Type your name into the keyboard.
- Press ENTER.
- You can type as many letters on the screen as there are blocks
in the matrix. If you are in the middle of a word when you come
to the end of a line, you should complete it on the following
line without regard for hyphenation. (The computer reads all six
lines as one.)
- Note that as the letters appear, a hollow white square travels
to the next block in the matrix. This is called a cursor.
- The location of the cursor tells you where your next entry will
appear in the matrix. It also has an editing function.
- Press '+' to move the cursor backward.
Press '=' to move the cursor forward.
The cursor will stop automatically at the first block of the matrix
To correct a typographical error, move the cursor to the offending
letter and type in the correct one.
Holding a key down results in an automatic continuous run forward
- Press CLEAR to erase all text ahead of the cursor.
- Text Editing: If you want to insert a word into a previously typed sentence,
bring the cursor to the position of entry.
press'/' (division) and all text in front of the cursor will move
Type in the change.
Press '*' (multiply) on the numeric section of the keyboard and
all text in front of the cursor will move backward. Text running
off the screen cannot be retrieved.
- Press RESET to clear all text from the screen.
FUN & GAMES
(1 or more players)
Players take turns using the sounds of individual letters and numbers to make words and sentences.
Be sure to follow each entry by a space or a dash (the minus sign
on the numeric section of the keyboard).
(1 or more players)
Hold down any key and it will automatically fill the matrix with
one letter or number.
Then press ENTER. Some entries will give continuous sounds like
trains, old cars, planes and strange machinery.
The fun is in the finding of the "key" keys and blending them
into a clackety mix.
If you have a tape recorder or a video tape camera, you can produce
your own science fiction radio and TV programs. The Voice of Odyssey2 will be most happy to star as a friendly robot explorer from another
galaxy. Use the keyboard to program his lines. Use the results
of your exploration into SOUND WAVES for special effects.
VOICE OF ODYSSEY2: QQQQQQ
JANE: Professor Hillary! The space ship! It's landing!
VOICE OF ODYSSEY2: TTTTTTTTTT
PROFESSOR HILLARY! Its door is opening!
VOICE OF ODYSSEY2: Take me to your leader!
WAR OF WORDS!
(2 or more players)
- Player one types the first word of a sentence into the computer.
- Player two types the second word.
- The other players enter new words on their respective turns.
- If a player sees an opportunity to end the sentence with a word,
he or she may do so and follow it with a period.
- No more words can be entered following the period.
- Players use the text editing keys to insert words inside of the
sentence. The sentence must continue to be grammatically correct.
- The first player to extend the sentence to the end of the matrix
is the winner. (A player extending the sentence beyond the end
of the matrix is disqualified.)