SHOWDOWN IN 2100 A.D.
Shoot it out with other players -
or computer controlled androids!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press
the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
SHOWDOWN IN 2100 A.D.!
(One or two players)
- Press 1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- An authentic acre of the old west will appear on your screen -
along with two android gunfighters.
- The left hand control activates the gunfighter on the left - the
right hand control activates the gunfighter on the right.
- Push the joy stick forward. Your gunfighter will swagger to the
top of the screen. Pull the joy stick toward you to walk him to
the bottom. Push right to go right. Push left to go left.
- Press the action button to activate your gunfighter to draw and
- Each gunfighter has six bullets in his revolver. The number of
bullets remaining in each six shooter is indicated by the ammunition
counter at the base of the screen.
- The left hand gunfighter's score appears at the bottom left of
the screen. The score of the right hand gunfighter appears at
the bottom right corner of the screen.
- The first player to score ten hits wins the round. Ricochets off
trees and the top and bottom edges of the screen count as hits.
- A gunfighter may shoot through the branches if he is positioned
right up against the tree. But if he is even slightly away from
the tree, the bullet will hit the tree trunk and ricochet back
- Reloading. Each gunfighter has more ammunition hidden in the tree
which matches the color of his outfit. Each gunfighter can reload
at any time by touching the tree where his bullets are hidden.
- You can play SHOWDOWN alone and shoot it out with the computer.
Use either hand control. The computer will automatically take
control of the other gunfighter.
- If you activate the game without touching either of the hand controls
- the computer will automatically assume control of both gunfighters
and play itself.
- The computer will automatically reset itself for a new ten point
SHOWDOWN at the end of each ten point series.