Try to land your ship on as
many planets as possible!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This protects the electronic components and extends the life of the unit.
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console. SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
(One or more players)
- Press 0 on the alpha-numeric keyboard. The computer will display
a message screen, telling you to GET READY. The moving arrows
tell you to press the action button to continue.
- The left hand controller is your navigation.
Push the joystick left or right to
rotate the lander in that direction. Press
the action button to ignite the engines.
- The X and Y gauges show your horizontal
and vertical speeds. A red number
means too fast. Green means OK.
- The object of the game is to land successfully
on as many planets as possible,
before fuel runs out. A successful
landing is when you touch the landing
pad in a vertical position, nose up, while
the X and Y gauges are green.
- Your lander will crash if it touches any
part of the planet's surface or if you
touch the landing pad while either X or
Y gauge is red, or if you are not vertical.
- If your lander goes off-screen, the game
will continue, but fuel will be wasted.
- After you land, crash, or go off-screen,
a status message will be displayed, as
well as the current planet. If there are
moving arrows at the bottom of the
screen, press the action button to continue.
Each new planet is more challenging
with stronger gravity, and eventually, a smaller landing pad.
- The game ends when you crash the lander into the planet.
- To play again, push RESET and then press 0.
Game and instructions ©2004 Ted Szczypiorski – http://www.tedfoolery.com-
used here with permission.
Game available from Packrat Video Games