OUT OF THIS WORLD!
A graviteasing space race!
A daring lifesaving mission!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press
the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
OUT OF THIS WORLD!
(One or two players)
- Press 3 on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- The mother ship at the top of the screen is in lunar orbit.
- The landers immediately start their descent to the moon's surface.
- Fire your retro rockets to achieve a soft landing by pressing
the action button.
- The numbers at the lower right and lower left of the screen represent
the quantums of energy units in each lander's fuel receptors.
These energy units are expressed in megajoules.
- Each lander will start its mission with 50 megajoules of energy.
- If a soft landing is achieved for the first descent, up to 20
megajoules of energy are added to your receptors to bring them
up to a maximum of 60 megajoules.
- If your spacecraft makes a crash landing, it requires 10 megajoules
to make repairs. There is also a time penalty.
- Once on the moon's surface, press the action button to fire your
retro rockets and link up with the orbiting mother ship at the
top of the screen. A successful linkage will automatically refuel
your receptors up to the 50 megajoule level. If you do not link
with the mother ship, no megajoules will be added to your lander's
receptors, even if a soft landing is successfully made.
- The numbers at the upper right and upper left of your screen keep
track of the amount of times the landers establish link-ups with
the orbiting mother ship.
- The winner is the first astronaut to complete 10 successful link-ups.
- If a lander runs out of fuel, it is out of the game.
- If both landers run out of fuel, the game is over.
- To play again, press RESET . . . then:
Press 3 for lunar gravity. (Easiest. The moon is less than 1/3
the diameter of Earth).
Press 2 for Martian gravity. (Harder. Mars' diameter is about
half that of Earth).
Press 0 for Jupiter's gravity. (Most challenging. Jupiter's volume
is equal to 1,319 of Earth's and its mass is 2 1/2 times that
of all other planets combined.)
(One or more players)
- Press 1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- You are at the controls of the helicopter rescue ship, DAREDEVIL.
- Your mission: rescue as many people as you can from the roof of
the DOOMSDAY Hotel at the left side of the screen.
- You have only 2 minutes until disaster strikes. The timer is at
the bottom of the screen. The number of people you rescue will
appear automatically at the lower right of the screen.
- Fly the helicopter using the right hand control. Press the joystick
forward to go up. Pull it toward you to descend. Push left to
go left. Push right to go right.
- Fly the helicopter directly over the figure waiting for you on
the roof of the hotel.
- Push the action button to lower the rescue basket. When the person
is in the basket, release the action button . . .then push it
again to bring it back into the helicopter. Important safety features:
The helicopter cannot move if the basket is lowered. The basket
cannot be lowered if the helicopter is moving.
- When the basket containing the survivor is safely in the chopper,
fly to the rescue pad at the far right of the screen.
- Push the action button to lower the basket. When the basket reaches
the rescue pad, the survivor will pop into the Rescue Station
and another person will appear on the top of the hotel. (Important:
Remember to draw the rescue basket back into the helicopter before
flying back to the hotel.)
- If the chopper comes in contact with the hotel of the Rescue Station,
it returns to its starting position and a point is subtracted
from the score.
- The winner is the chopper pilot rescuing the most people within
- To play again, press RESET and then Press 1 on the alpha-numeric