Totally different sting warfare! Bug-zapping RoSHa Rays!
26 challenge levels! Totally different!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console or into The Voice of Odyssey with the label side facing
the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
The KILLER BEES game title will appear on your TV screen. If it
does not, press the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
(1 or more players)
- The screen will alternate between The Killer Bees title and a
silent demonstration game.
- To start a game, move the joystick of either hand control.
- Your swarm of 12 white bees will appear at the center of the screen.
Use the same joystick to control their flight.
- Beebots from the insect civilization of BEM will invade Earth
through the tunnels on three sides of the screen. The red Beebots
move clockwise. The blue Beebots move counterclockwise.
- Sting a Beebot by flying over it. The longer your swarm remains
in contact, the slower the beebot will travel. A Beebot will be
dead and buried after it slows to a standstill. Surviving Beebots
will be blocked by the grave markers. If a Beebot is slowed but
is no longer being stung, it gradually regains its strength and
- The Beebots are protected by up to three swarms of Killer Bees
at any one time. Every time a swarm of Killer Bees makes contact
with your swarm, you will lose some of your bees.
- The longer a swarm of Killer Bees remains on the screen, the more
dangerous it becomes. They come out of the tunnel as Green Meanies
and start exploring the screen. After a short time they advance
to the Blue Bodyguard stage and protectively hover over the Beebots.
The final and most dangerous phase of their evolution is the Red
Devil stage. Red Devils will aggressively attack your swarm and
become faster as the game progresses.
- Your only defense against the Killer Bees is the bug-zapping RoSHa
Ray. It will become charged each time your swarm kills a Beebot,
and red electrodes will follow the vertical motion of your white
swarm. Press the action button to fire the bug zapper. It will
instantly disintegrate any swarms to the left or right of your
white swarm including those in tunnels or currently stinging your
swarm and will not hurt your white swarm.
- Your bug-zapping RoSHa Ray will recharge every time you kill a
Beebot. If your zapper is already charged, killing a second Beebot
will not allow you two zaps.
- A round ends when you lose all your bees or kill all the Beebots.
If you kill all the Beebots, a new round will automatically start
at the next higher of the 26 challenge levels. The challenge level
indicator is at the upper right corner of the screen.
- If you lose all your bees, a new game will automatically start
at level 1.
EACH STING: 1 POINT
EACH ZAPPED SWARM: 10 POINTS
EACH BEEBOT KILLED: 100 POINTS
- Bonus Scoring:
10 points for each of your surviving bees multiplied by a purple
number at the top right corner of the screen which will appear
between rounds. This number will increase by one each time all
twelve of your bees survive a round.
Surviving bees at end of round = 10
10 points are awarded for each survivor
10 x 10 = 100
In this case the bonus multiplier = 4
100 x 4 = 400 (total bonus)
- The high score in a series of games will appear at the top left
of your screen.
- Three question marks at the upper left corner of the screen will
request the initials of the high scoring player. The player enters
his or her initials through the keyboard. The high score and the
high scoring player's initials will remain on the screen until
a higher score is achieved in succeeding games. (If you make a
mistake, press CLEAR and re-enter you initials.)
- To start a new scoring cycle, press RESET. Move the joystick of
either hand control, and a new game will start.