INVADERS FROM HYPERSPACE!
Science fiction becomes a science fact in this realistic war of
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press
the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
INVADERS FROM HYPERSPACE!
(1 or 2 players)
- Press 1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- You have just arrived at your post in the Battle Control Central
at the heart of the United Planets Interstellar Galactic Empire.Your
TV screen is monitoring activity in the twin solar systems of
Terien and Lorien forty-three billion light years away.
- Two remote controlled robot battle cruisers also appear on your
screen. The right hand control maneuvers the lighter colored space
ship at the right hand side of the screen. The left hand control
activates the darker colored space ship at the left of the screen.
- Push the joy stick forward to gain altitude. Pull it toward you
to lose altitude. Push left to go left. Push right to go right.
- Press the action button to fire your lasers. These weapons are
located in the front end of the battle cruisers and will fire
in the direction the space craft are heading.
- One point is scored for every invading space craft disintegrated
by your lasers. No points are scored for destroying another player's
- The enemy space craft are programmed to attack the nearest Imperial
- If your space ship is destroyed, you can launch another one from
a planet of your own color. Push the joy stick in the direction
you want your battle cruiser to travel and press the action button
- If there is more than one planet of your color, the next space
craft available will signal its presence by a blinking light.
If there are no planets of your color, you must wait for a planet's
color to change.
- A planet changes color each time it is hit by laser fire. The
invasion fleet is programmed to fire on the planets when they
are not attacking the Imperial battle cruisers.
- If a space craft crashes into a planet of a different color, both
are destroyed. An exploded planet will not return to the screen.
The central planet of each solar system is invulnerable and cannot
- The battle cruisers can evade enemy attack by landing on planets
of their own color. The enemy space craft will not waste ammunition
against battle cruisers protected by the sophisticated energy
shields available on their home planets. They will concentrate
their fire only on airborne space craft. A landed space ship will
signal its presence on a home planet by a blinking light.
- If no Imperial battle cruisers are on the screen, the two ships
from the invasion fleet will turn on each other. They will fire
their lasers at each planet and try to conquer it. A planet is
conquered when it is changed to the invading space ship's color.
- The first player to down ten enemy space ships wins the game and
receives an electronic salute for making the Empire once again
safe for humanity.
- Single player version I:
See how many planets you can keep in orbit after downing ten enemy
- Single player version II:
Play against the clock. Try to shorten the time it takes to down
ten enemy space craft.
- Spectator sport:
Leave the hand controls unmanned and watch the invasion fleet
fight it out for control of the twin solar systems!
- To play again:
A new game will automatically start at the end of each ten point
Or - press RESET and then press 1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard.