Rescue prisoners of the Pulsars from deep space confinement crystals!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This protects the electronic components and extends the life of the unit.
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console. SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
(One or more players)
ATTACK MODE (Two player version)
- Press 1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- You are now on the flight deck of your Earth Federation starship. Your craft is displayed at the center of your TV screen. Player 1 is the pilot. Player 2 is the co-pilot.
- Player 1 uses the left hand control which directs your starship's conventional space drive system. Your ship will travel in the direction you move the joystick.
- Press the action button to fire your laser cannon.
- Player 2 uses the right hand control which activates your ship's hyperspace drive system. Move the joystick to the right or left depending on the direction you wish to warp through hyperspace. Your ship will remain in the same vertical plane of the screen during a hyperspace warp. Move the joystick forward to go towards the top of the screen. Pull it to you to go to the bottom of the screen. Your ship's hyperspace drive system (right hand control) will over-ride its conventional space drive system (left hand control). The action buttons on both hand controls will fire the laser cannon at any time.
- The hyperspace drive system is employed when you need extra speed to avoid enemy attack or when you have the opportunity to rescue one of the captives from a confinement crystal.
- The Empire's Pulsar warships will attack by sowing constellations of hunter-killer drone mines along your course. Your ship will disintegrate on contact with a drone mine or Pulsar warship.
- The Pulsar warships and drone mines will disintegrate if hit by your lasers.
- You free a captive each time your starship makes contact with one of the orbiting confinement crystals which show up in purple on color TV. (Color may vary according to individual TV adjustment.)
RESCUE OPERATION: 20 POINTS
PULSAR WARSHIP: 5 POINTS
DRONE MINE: 1 POINT
EXPLODING WRECKAGE: 1 POINT
- The score of the game in progress is displayed at the lower right hand corner of the screen. The Pulsar warships will increase the ferocity of their attack as your score grows higher.
- The highest score in a series of games will be displayed at the lower left of the screen. Six question marks at the lower center of the screen will request the name of the high scoring team or players. Enter any team or player's name up to six letters on the alphabet section of the keyboard. If the name is shorter than six letters, press the space bar to erase the remaining question marks. The high score and winning name will remain onscreen until a higher score is achieved in succeeding games.
- A new Earth Federation starship will automatically appear on the screen each time one of the fleet is destroyed.
- To start a new scoring cycle, press RESET and then press 1.
EVASION MODE (Two player version)
- Press RESET and then press 0 (zero) on the numeric section of the keyboard.
- Your lasers are now inoperative and you are entirely dependent on your talents for evasive action.
- Player 1 uses the left hand control (conventional space drive). Player 2 uses the right hand control (hyperspace drive).
- The longer you can evade the Pulsar warships and their drone mines - the higher your score. You also receive a 20 points bonus for each successful rescue operation.
- As your score grows higher, the Pulsars will increase the intensity of their attack.
- A new Earth Federation starship will appear on the screen each time one of the fleet is destroyed.
- To start a new scoring cycle, press RESET and then press 0 (zero).
- Press RESET and the press 1 (ATTACK MODE) or press 0 (EVASION MODE).
- Play using the left hand control for conventional space drive or the right hand control for hyperspace drive.
- As you grow more proficient, start alternating between the hand controls to switch from conventional space drive into hyperspace and then back again.
- To start a new scoring cycle, press RESET and the press 1 or 0 (zero).