Stunning special effects are featured in this game of intergalactic
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console with the label side of the cartridge facing the alpha-numeric
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press
the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- Press 1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard. You are now in command
of the star fighter CENTURION and a legendary hero of the Earth
- The sighting instrumentation for your laser starburster is at
the center of your screen. The number 15 at the lower left corner
of the screen represents the number of enemy invasion transports,
battle frigates and star fighters to be destroyed in this action.
This number will decrease by one every time a direct hit is scored.
- The number at the lower right of your screen represents the quantums
of energy units in your fuel receptors. These energy units are
expressed in megajoules.
- You will start your mission with 1000 megajoules. One megajoule
per second is used to sustain flight. A laser burst uses ten megajoules
of energy. If an enemy star fighter comes within range and fires,
fifty megajoules of energy are required to activate your deflector
- The objective of your mission is to destroy all 15 units in the
enemy fleet using the least number of megajoules.
- Maneuver your star fighter with the joy stick on the right hand
control unit. Pull it towards you to ascend. Push it away from
you to descend. Push right to go right. Push left to go left.
When you have an enemy ship in your sights, fire your lasers by
pressing the action button. Only one enemy ship will appear on
the screen at a time.
- When an enemy Imperial star fighter flashes in from hyperspace,
a general ALERT will sound and flash on the screen. It is important
to fix the ship in your sights quickly and fire before he comes
within his own firing range and costs you energy units necessary
to activate your deflector shields. The star fighters will come
at you from a variety of angles. It is safer strategy to outmaneuver
the ones that come at you from diagonals. They require very sophisticated
precision tracking. You will save magajoules by firing at those
that come head-on or appear in more easily tracked vertical and
horizontal courses. You can take evasive action from a star fighter
only by climbing or diving to get the ship completely off-screen.
If you go right or left, the fighter will continue to follow you.
- There are five enemy star fighters to protect the ten enemy invasion
transports and battle frigates. The engagement will terminate
when all of the enemy fleet have been destroyed - or when your
fuel receptors have been drained of energy units. Star Command
will contact you with new orders after each action.
- To play again, press the RESET key on the console and then press
1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- Good hunting!