ATTACK OF THE TIMELORD!
Four different kinds of weapons assault you simultaneously!
256 different challenge levels! Millions of strategic combinations!
Always be sure that the power to your Odyssey2 console is turned off before inserting a game cartridge. This
protects the electronic components and extends the life of the
- Insert the cartridge into the slot of the Odyssey2 console or into The Voice of Odyssey with the label side facing
the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- Turn on the power by pressing the power button of the console.
SELECT GAME will appear on your TV screen. If it does not, press
the RESET key on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
The Voice enhances this game with the Timelord's taunts, threats,
orders, predictions and reluctant compliments for high scores.
ATTACK OF THE TIMELORD!
(1 or more players)
- Press 1 on the alpha-numeric keyboard.
- You have just attracted the attention of Spyrus the Deathless
- Timelord of Chaos.
- Your only defense is a laser cannon mounted on the leading edge
of your Time Machine. Fortunately, you have an unlimited supply
of laser energy. You'll need it.
- Press the action button of the left hand control to fire your
- Use the joystick of the left hand control to maneuver your Time
Machine at the base of the screen. It will travel in the direction
you move the joystick.
- Level One
The Timelord's fleet of Time Ships will bombard you with missiles.
You score points for each missile and Time Ship destroyed. If
you destroy all of the Time Ships, the game will automatically
proceed to Level Two.
- Level Two
The Timelord is beginning to take you seriously. The next fleet
he sends through the warp is armed with missiles and antimatter
mines. These are launched in various combinations. If you evade
destruction and destroy the fleet, the game will progress to Level
- Level Three
The next fleet you encounter carries the much feared lethal anihilators
in its arsenals. These weapons will home in on you and require
swift evasive action. If you succeed in destroying this fleet,
the game automatically progresses to Level Four.
- Level Four
You have now earned the Timelord's respect. This is a very mixed
blessing. The next fleet has the legendary Nucleonic Time killers
as part of its weapons systems. These destroyers are extremely
lethal because they're piloted by expendable robots programmed
to anticipate human reactions.
- As you go through the entire 256 game levels, you'll face increasingly
faster Time Ships and gradually greater fire power.
- The Timelord will deploy his weapons like a chess master deploys
his pieces. There are literally millions of possible combinations
of weapons, timing and placement. Your evasion of a weapon of
one kind can put you right in the path of another.
- Your Time Machine will disintegrate on contact with any of the
Timelord's weapons. The game will automatically start again at
MISSILES = 2 POINTS
ANTIMATTER MINES = 4 POINTS
TIME SHIPS = 5 POINTS
ANIHILATORS = 8 POINTS
TIME KILLERS = 16 POINTS
- The score of each game is displayed at the lower right corner
of the screen.
- The highest score in a series of games is shown at the lower left
corner of the screen. Six question marks request the name of the
high scoring player. Enter any name up to six letters through
the keyboard. If the name is shorter than six letters, press the
space bar to erase the remaining question marks. The score and
high player's name will remain on the screen until a higher score
is achieved in succeeding games.
- To start a new scoring cycle, press RESET and then 1.
- If you press 0 (zero), the Timelord's transmission frequency will
be jammed. He will not reappear each time you destroy a fleet
of his Time Ships.