The ancient city of Atlantis, a city beneath the sea, a civilization
greater than any the world has ever seen...
One day a low drone is heard throughout the ocean metropolis.
The stars go out. Gorgon vessels fill the sky, pounding the city
mercilessly. A cry reaches every citizen -
"Defend Atlantis - before it becomes a watery grave!"
Defend Atlantis! Blast Gorgon vessels before they come close enough
to demolish Atlantis with the deathray. Score big and you can
rebuild a portion of the city the Gorgons have demolished.
Game ends when all six sections of Atlantis have been leveled.
Atlantis is a 1-Player Game
- Insert cartridge, with label facing the keyboard, into the slot
on the computer console. Turn power on.
- Use the left joystick controller.
- Position controller so that the red firing button rests in the
upper left corner.
Pick Your Game
- When the Imagic logo and Atlantis game screen appear, select one
of four skill levels with the left joystick controller.
- The more advanced the skill level, the faster the Gorgon ships
- Easy: lean joystick right, or simply press red firing button.
- Medium: push joystick away from you.
- Hard: lean joystick left.
- Expert: pull joystick toward you.
- Skill level appears in place of the Imagic logo.
- To begin action, press red firing button.
- To play at the same skill level again after a game ends, press
the red button on the left controller.
- To select a new game, press RESET and pick the desired skill level.
You command the two Atlantean sentry posts with your left joystick
- A sentry post guards either side of the city. They cannot be destroyed.
- To fire from left or right sentry posts, lean joystick left or
- Press red firing button.
- Once a sentry post has been selected for fire, it remains selected
after the joystick is released.
- To fire from selected sentry post: press red button.
- To select other sentry post: press joystick in that direction.
- The Domed Palace projects a powerful force field that protects
the other four Atlantean installations. As a result, the Gorgon
deathray must demolish the dome and then the Palace before the
rest of Atlantis becomes vulnerable to attack.
When things look desperately bad for the Atlantean defenders,
a secret weapon can help even the odds! Destroy a sky full of
Gorgon ships by unleashing the Blitz Bomb!
- To fire Blitz Bomb: push joystick forward.
- Gorgon vessels will instantly disintegrate!
Don't be impulsive! You receive only one Blitz Bomb per wave.
Listen for the 8 beeps that tell you when a wave ends.
You score each time you vaporize a Gorgon vessel. You must hit
the ship directly to score.
Destroy a Gorgon ship: 250 points.
- At the end of a wave, you receive 1000 points for each part of
Atlantis that survives the Gorgon assault.
- If the Gorgon deathray damages or destroys the Domed Palace, a
new one can replace it at the end of the current wave. You earn
a bonus Domed Palace:
At every 10,000 point mark you reach up to 100,000
At every 100,000 point mark up to 1,000,000
A damaged or destroyed Domed Palace is only replaced at the end
of a wave. Should the entire city be leveled before the end of
a wave, no new Domed Palace appears. The game ends.
- You earn no points for Gorgon ships destroyed with the Blitz Bomb.